Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Going On A Walkabout

I wanted to give an update on the new tutorial for all you wonderful, patient people who have been waiting for it and checking in every week for a status report. 
Without any hemming and hawing around, as my Papa Moseley used to say, the plain truth is that it is just not coming together as I want it to, and I have decided to set it aside for awhile.  

I am sorry to disappoint everyone, but I am finally caving in to the stress. I have decided to take a break, and do not plan to publish it before the end of the year.  Instead, I am going on a walkabout or sorts, to try and get my mind on track again to finish it.

This faux tutorial is the hardest tutorial I have ever written, and I am not sure why.  It is a simple enough process.  It shouldn't be this complicated or take 8 months to write, but it has.  

If anything, I think the stress of not having the comfort of a consistent paycheck is behind it.  I am experiencing an insecurity and uncertainty that I have never before in my life had to face.  The result is that I may be headed back to the outside work force, if I can find a part-time job, that is.  As long as I had that cushion of employment comfort, my creativity was a free-flowing thing that never let me down.  That may be a poor excuse, but it's the only one I have.  

I am a perfectionist, have a Type A (to the max) personality; and on top of that, am OCD. I also have some other physical health issues that have been exacerbated by the mental stress.  Since I have other people to think about besides myself, I am going to give the tutorial a rest, after nine re-writes, until the first of the year. 

The holidays are not a time anyone wants to pile on more stress, right?  I planned for this tutorial to be published back in April, no later than June.  I had planned to start some new, non-polymer projects for my second Etsy shop my Mother and I started two years ago, which has been sitting sadly neglected all year, so I am going to devote the time until the end of the year helping her develop some items for it, and I am going to sit back and enjoy a no-stress holiday with my family.  

Thank you all for your patience, and your support and encouragement, my friends.  

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Take all the time you need. You deserve it!

Anonymous said...

Yes, take your time, your health comes first !

John(SC) said...

Hi Lynda,
Sorry to hear that things haven't improved for you. I'll bet a good mess of collard greens and some homemade cornbread would get you back on track. Always helps me. But seriously, I really hope things start looking up for you. Don't make any long term plans and just take things as they come. You'll know when the time is right. Struggling with something is a good way to make you hate it. Maybe the tut wasn't supposed to be ready yet. You made the deadline, so you can change it. The tut will let you know when it's ready to be ready. Time is all we really have, so don't use it to do something that will jeopardize your health. Use it for things that are good for YOU. The rest will fall in place. As I said before, we are still here for you and wish you the best.
Take care,
John(SC)

Laurel said...

You know I understand what you are experiencing! And I wish you all the relief from the stress that you can get. Being without a regular paycheck just simply changes your outlook, there's no getting around it.
Take it easy, be with your family, and enjoy the holidays. That's the most important thing, right? Much love,
Laurel

Lupe Meter said...

Take your time, we can wait. You shouldn't be adding more stress on present stress. Enjoy the holidays...I am sure it will all come together on God's timing. I am a perfectionist with some OCD tendencies, so I understand fully where your head and heart are. Sending you hugs and love!

Unknown said...

Linda, you just hang in there you are strong and smart and I know you will get through this! I re-read the tutorial on Controlled Marbeling so I am going to try it again! Wish me luck! I don't have Pinata Alcohol inks I have the other popular brand ! Is that alright ? Please take care of yourself and on my next pay day I am going to buy a new tutorial from you as well!
Take Care I will be in touch!
Debra Gibson